Eiffel Gaz Vert Fund
The Eiffel Gaz Vert fund invests in renewable gas production and conversion projects in France and abroad.
The fund’s value proposition to project developers in the renewable gas sector is a flexible equity financing solution that enables them to accelerate the financing and deployment of their projects.
The main market targeted by this fund is local or agricultural methanation with biomethane injection in France. The fund also plans to invest in other markets:
- Methanation with biomethane injection for export, particularly in Europe,
- Equipment for harnessing renewable gas for mobility.
Eiffel Investment Group, European Investment Bank, la Banque des Territoire, GRT Gaz, Sogecap, Pro BTP.
FINANCIAL COMMITMENT OF ADEME INVESTISSEMENT
In February 2020, the partners announced the launch of the fund with a commitment of €115m at the 1st closing.
The Eiffel Gaz Vert fund announced the final closing of its fund at €210m.
EXPECTED IMPACTS :
- Helping to achieve the objectives of the French Energy Transition Law with regard to renewable gas and the PPE with regard to the injection of biomethane through methanation
- Methanation projects helping to make France more energy independent and reduce the need for fertilisers in the agricultural sector,
- Creation of local jobs that cannot be relocated,
- Strengthening of developers and manufacturers (SMEs and large groups) present on the methanation market in France and abroad.
By 2022, the fund has invested almost €70m, mainly in equity, and expects to have invested €100m by 2023. Since the fund was set up, more than €165m has been invested in renewable gas projects. In 2022, Eiffel Gaz Vert helped finance Verso Energy and the Austrian biomethane producer Biogest, among others. A second Eiffel Gaz Vert II fund is currently being considered, with the aim of raising between €300m and €500m.